Monday, November 10, 2014

Awesome Crock Pot Hash Brown Potato Soup

A few weeks ago, I got a chain mail "fall recipe exchange." After forwarding it to 10 friends, I was supposed to expect 36 recipes. I know these things never usually work but it was easy to do and did it anyway.  I got 4 recipes in return. One of them was this recipe from J.O.  I love crock pot recipes and love potato soup, so I made it one evening. My whole family loved it! I was curious about the diced hash browns. After cooking for 8 hours, the hash browns turn a creamy consistency, perfect for potato soup. I've made this 2 times already and this will continue to be a family favorite.
 
Crock Pot Hash Brown Potato Soup
 
1 - 30 oz bag of frozen diced hash browns
 
1 - 32 oz box chicken broth
 
1 - can cream of chicken soup (10oz)
 
1 pkg. cream cheese (8oz not fat free)
 
3 oz. bacon bits
 
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
 
salt and pepper to taste
 
 Put hash brown potatoes in crock pot.  Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and half of the bacon bits. Add pinch of salt and pepper. Cook on low 8 hrs or until potatoes are tender. An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes.  Place cubes in crock pot. Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving.  Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it's ready to serve.  Top with cheddar cheese and some additional bacon bits.

No comments: