Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Best Lemon Bar Recipe!

The best Lemon bars ever!

My mom made the best Lemon bars when we were kids. She gave me this recipe years ago. The recipe card you see is about 25 years old, in my handwriting, and it's got all sorts of stains on it! You know it is a good recipe!

It doesn't say on the recipe card, but for the crust, I recently found out that if you soften or melt the oleo (butter), in the microwave, it is much easier to mix. Press into pan, up the sides a little and bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned. Mix the topping ingredients in the same bowl as you mixed the crust. After crust is baked, immediately pour topping onto the crust and bake another 20 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

I usually double the recipe for a 13 by 9 inch pan. Hope you enjoy them as much as my family does!
I use butter. What is oleo?! Lol

No comments: